RELATED TIBETAN SCRIPTS

Monday 15 August 2011

A tribute to Sherab Palden



A Tribute to the Life and Work of
Sherab Palden Beru
1911 - 29th November 2012

A new book, put together as a tribute for the Tibetan Thangka painting master, Sherab Palden Beru, that was to mark the special occasion of his 100th birthday celebrations, held at the Annual Tea Party, 14th August 2011, of the Kagyu Samye Ling Tibetan Buddhist Monastery in Scotland.


This beautifully illustrated book was complied at the request of Dr. Akong Tulku Rinpoche. Within there is a brief biography, tributes from friends and students, and many illustrations of some of his works, a  number of which have never been published before.
A Thanka painting by Sherab Palden of Chenrézing.

Tibetan Art Master Sherab Palden Beru.
Tashi First met Sherab Palden when he was a boy of 12 years old, who in ore of Sherab's mastery in the Tibetan art tradition, later at the age of 21 became a monk and spent the next 17 years working closely with Sherab Palden learning the art of fine temple decoration and the art of Cham Lama dance.





"Sherab's influence on me spiritually and creatively is essential to my own path as an artist and Dharma practitioner. Without his knowledge and great warmth of heart, I would not be the person I am today. I feel deeply grateful to Sherab and with the tireless direction of Akong Rinpoche, it is a credit to both of them for my well-being and success"
An extract  from the book of Tashi Mannox's tribute to Sherab Palden 


Sherab Palden, Tashi Mannox and Akong Tulku Rinpoche.

2 comments:

  1. helo Tashi !
    I'm Max you remenber, I been to Samyé Ling 1978 at 1991, I study whis SherabPalden for Wood carving, see my

    Artblog.http://atelierartculpturetradition.artblog.fr/
    See you! Max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Max...

      I remember you well.

      I am happy to see your blog and that you are still working your excellence in woodcarving and gilding.

      Please contact me via email contact@tashimannox.com

      there is much to tell.

      with best wishes

      Tashi

      Delete